Christmas Office Party IdeasKick your heels up! These Christmas office party ideas are almost too fun for the office! If gathering office Christmas party ideas has felt like work in the past, it's time to "clock out" of work! Join the party with the top ten office Christmas party ideas!
Top 10 Christmas Office Party Ideas
- Place funny conversation cards or printable Christmas trivia cards on guests' tables. We've got 120 printable conversation cards or 110 trivia cards (plus you can print multiple copies). These cards are fun for any type of party. From interesting to funny topics, they certainly stir up the party talk.
Print "Party Talk" conversation cards on cardstock and cut or on perforatedAvery 8371 business card stock, available online, or at your local Walmart, office or box-store.
White Elephant gift exchange game. It's a great way to bring a little friendly competition to the office Christmas party.
Office too big for this sort of game? Play the Left Right Christmas Game. Or, have a "Naughty or Nice" Holiday party raffle. This idea is definitely more "nice" than "naughty". Find out who's on which side of Santa's list. For details see the Christmas party theme ideas page. Also, check out the Christmas office party games for more great party game options.
- Have a themed Christmas party. Popular Christmas party themes like the MadMen Party theme, White Christmas, Ugly Sweater party, and many more are found on the Christmas party themes page.
- Hire a photographer. Have the photos available to guests at some point after the party. And, if you really want some fun photos, get a Christmas theme standee that has the faces cut out. Party guests can put their faces through the holes for a funny photo op!
- Have a secret Santa gift exchange. Visit the secret Santa poems page for details.
- A character artist who draws "60 second" renditions of guests is a fun idea. No matter if your party is formal or casual, this is an idea that seems to work at any type of party.
- Hire a holiday band (be sure the venue has a dance floor or equivalent).
- Create a fun and interesting Christmas party music mix. We give you the top 25 holiday hits that are perfect for a Christmas party, plus discover the best mix of music for your party.
- Have a charity benefit party.
- Create a Christmas theme party. Find Christmas party themes from elegant for funny including: "Ugly Sweater", "Winter Wonderland", "Naughty or Nice", "Christmas in New York", and more. Creating a theme will make your party memorable, will inspire conversation, and is a great idea for
large offices where Christmas party games and minglers might not be as practical.
- Play ice breaker games like "Social Bingo" and the "Common Denominator". These games work for any type of party. It's fun to discover new and interesting things that you have in common with your co-workers.
Christmas Office Party Ideas: Helpful Hints
Gathering Christmas office party ideas that everyone will enjoy can be a challenge ... until now! You already know that Christmas office parties should appeal to the variety of people who work together. Make sure that all choices from party food and beverages to activities have broad appeal.
When booking a catering service select both vegetarian and meat dishes.
If you're serving alcoholic beverages, include a nice selection of non-alcoholic drinks as well.
When sending invitations be clear about attire, whether it will be "dress casual" or "cocktail" attire.
Include everyone. Consider having a "holiday party" with a winter theme or general holiday theme if there are people in the office who celebrate other holidays during the season. You'll find several fun and appropriate ideas here at Themed-Party-Ideas.
Get creative with your charity drive. For instance, you can host a secret Santa gift exchange. All participants put their name in a hat. The names are then passed out. Each participant purchases a gift for the person whose name they drew.
The catch? Gifts should represent what the giver feels the recipient would have enjoyed as a kid. The gifts are given out at the party, but the recipient only gets to enjoy looking at the gift for the night. All gifts are then donated to the charity at the end of your party.
And if you have other great Christmas office party ideas, go to the Contact Us page and enter your idea. As our thank you, we'll also provide you with the free printable games!
For a food drive, set up a table (rather than a box) to collect to items. As party guests enter, they put their donations on the table. This is a great way for guests to visualize just how much is being donated. Take a photo of the table and post it with a thank you note after the party to let everyone know their gifts are appreciated.
More Christmas Office Party Games
Andrea of Oklahoma shares funny ways for offices to get into the holiday spirit. Christmas hat day and busy elf day are a few of the ways to celebrate the 12 days of Christmas.