Conversation StartersWhat are the perfect conversation starters for your next party? Questions or scenarios that are funny, unique or even, slightly wacky.
- 120 Printable Conversation Cards
- What Makes a Great Icebreaker?
- Good Conversation Tactics: Strike up a conversation!
What makes a great ice breaker? This of course depends on the formality of the situation and the interests of the person you're talking to. But most conversation starter questions that appeal are:
- Aren't Answered Simply
- You lied on your resume. Your boss thinks you speak fluent Chinese. He's sending you to China next month to handle a big account. What do you do?
- If you found a turtle that talked would you call the television station or your shrink?
So often our conversation falls in the same rut: our roles, our career, our aches and pains and happenings. By building new scenarios, though fictional, we talk more about who we really are. And sometimes the discovery is funny.
A leprechaun gives you a pair of magic wooden shoes. They're ugly and uncomfortable. If you wear them every day for a year you'll get $100,000. Do you?
When conversation questions are good, they aren't answered simply. For example, with ...
- What if humans had tails?
You could create your own cards, but for a fraction of the time, well worth what you'd spend, you could get our Party Talk conversation cards. These fun conversation topic cards provide an instant ice breaker. Just set out the conversation topics and guests will never have an awkward lull in conversation.
With 120 printable conversation starters, Party Talk is the easiest way to instantly liven a party. And if you need a set for every room in the house, just print them. It's that easy!
10 Free when you
There are funny conversation questions that make guests ponder "What if..." and thought provoking scenarios, with a flavor of comedy to keep your party topics light and fun.
Your guests will certainly laugh, make new friends, and mingle to their hearts' content.
"Party Talk" ice breaker questions can be printed on card stock to create an attractive card. You can even print them on colored card stock if you're trying to coordinate a color theme. Also, for your convenience they were created to print onto perforated business card stock (Avery 5371 or Avery 8371). The business card stock is available online or at stores such as Wal-mart, office supplies stores, and large discount stores.
What all do you get?
- 120 Ice Breaker Cards For Starting a Conversation
- A Folding Pillow Box (great no fuss packaging for a quick hostess' gift)
- One page that where you can create your own personalized conversation starters
Review the cards with your guests in mind. Some of the cards are more appropriate for more casual parties.
Paula of Atlantic Beach shares her ideas for breaking the ice at a party. Read her 10 tips on how to strike up a conversation.