Engagement Sayings and Engagement Poems
and Other Engagement Party Ideas
Shakespeare has nothing on you. Engagement sayings, quotes and anecdotes that can help inspire your engagement poems and toasts and give you the eloquent words you desire. They can spark a laugh and create a memory. You can also use these sayings for wedding or engagement party invitations, or at the wedding or the wedding reception.
Writing an engagement poem can leave some all thumbs. If you’re looking for even more ways to express yourself, take a cue from the best engagement poetry written. Plus, discover the inner poet inside yourself!
- Love is the gift that costs nothing and everything. - Traditional Saying
- Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same. - Franz Schubert
- Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look, which becomes a habit. - Peter Ustinov
- When two people give love, their recompense is ten fold.
- To be loved is a gift sent straight from heaven. To give love is the service of an angel here on earth.
- Only a life lived for others is a life worth living. - Albert Einstein
- The heart that loves is always young. - Greek Proverb
- The measure of man is not in wealth, nor how much others loved him. It is in how much he loved. - Traditional Saying
- Faults are thick where love is thin. - English Proverb
- Listening is the best act of love. - Traditional Saying
- Love conquers all. - Virgil
- True love survives after all else is lost. - Traditional Saying
- A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. - Ingrid Bergman
- Love lightens every burden and makes the sun shine brighter.
- There is no remedy for love but to love more. - Henry David Thoreau
- The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved. - Victor Hugo
- Knit your hearts with an unslipping knot. - Shakespeare
- Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction - Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
- Happy are those who love and cherish one another.
- A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- To be in love is merely to be in a state of perceptual anesthesia. - H.L. Mencken
- Attention is the most basic form of love; through it we bless and are blessed. - John Tarrant
- Where love is, no room is too small. - Talmud
- All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. - Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- Do not dwell in the past. Do not dream of the future. Concentrate the mind on the present moment. - Buddha
- I have a simple philosophy: Fill what’s empty. Empty what’s full. Scratch where it itches. - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
- The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread. - Mother Teresa.
Engagement Sayings: Engagement or Valentine Rhymes
- Be my family, and you will be mine. Let our love sustain the test of time. - Traditional Saying
- Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back. - Arthur Rubinstein
- Grow old along with me; the best is yet to be. - Robert Browning
- End each night with love in your heart, and each morning will bring a fresh new start. - Traditional Saying
- When one person recognizes that without the other they are lost, a wedding will happen, no matter the cost.
- In marriage, there is passion, hard work, and some strife. Those who laugh through all three will have a happy life. - Traditional Saying
- A blueprint for building a life together: make laughter the roof, and friendship the walls. Trust is the foundation that supports it all. - Traditional Saying
Engagment Invitations Postage StampsLittle details can add a very special touch. If you’re sending out engagement party invitations, why not customize them with engagement themed postage? That’s right, you can get a postage stamp for just about anything! Cheers!
Want to write the perfect engagement toast? Get more engagement sayings, engagement invitation ideas, and creative ideas for your engagement party:
- Writing Engagement Toasts.
- The Funny Engagement Toasts Game. Here you can also read examples of funny engagement toasts, as well as post one of your own.
- 365 Love Notes -- a great gift idea for your loved one.
- Engagement Party Invitation Wording.
- Engagement Poetry.
- Engagement Sayings.
- Engagement Party Etiquette.
- Engagement Party Planning. Here you’ll find budgeting and planning suggestions.
- Engagement Party Themes.
- Engagement Party Gift Ideas.
- Engagement Party Games.
- Engagement Party Favors.
Return from Engagement Sayings to Engagement Party Ideas.