Mystery Games for Your Creative Party
Remember the board game Clue, where you solved the murder of Mr. Boddy by determining who, where and how the murder was committed? Like Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick!?
A game of mystery is the modern-day equivalent of the classic board game, only it's live, and you and your guests are the suspects.
With a mystery game, those playing harness their "Inner Sherlock Holmes" to question the suspects (and each other) and determine which suspect is guilty.
The fun of a murder mystery party is that everyone has the opportunity to unravel a puzzle and feel the thrill of piecing it all together. And while we may not want to admit it, everyone wants to be the person who picked up on that one clue that everyone else missed ... and look absolutely brilliant in front of their friends, co-workers and family.
Before the Internet, a mystery game was only found on store shelves alongside board games. It's rare to find these boxed mystery and riddle games in stores these days though - the industry has moved online.
The Internet allows a party host looking for a creative party theme idea the chance to compare, select and instantly download their game. If they like, they can be playing within minutes - the perfect way to spice up party.
Depending on the game and the production company, a mystery game also unlocks the door to some incredible bonus features, like virtual tours and other online resources.
You can spice up any party with a mystery and then get ready for a KILLER night! You'll find both mystery board games and mystery game kits you can print and play the same night with your guests acting as characters in a suspenseful drama.
The games listed below are cleverly written so that (if desired) even the host doesn't know the final outcome. You can choose all sorts of themes. The Cheers all Year staff loves these themes which include murder mystery scripts and even pranks and puzzles for younger crowds.
- "Love Writes a Deadly Verse" If ever you thought Halloween was the only time for a murder, think again! Love's passion can be just as deadly! You'll be speaking in poems by the end of this fun epic murder mystery game. The small version is designed for a group of 10 (five men and five women), but the large version can be played with as many as 300!
- "Death is a Cabernet" What an interesting party idea: A wine tasting murder mystery! This is the perfect party idea for 4 couples. You can even play it in your neighborhood as a "progressive party". That is, four homes host one wine and appetizer along with one set of clues. The final set of clues is revealed at the last home where the murder is finally solved.
- "Twas the Night Before a Murder" What a way to host a Christmas party! This game has a unique twist because that will have your guests mingling with ease at your party: guaranteed. What is it? Entertain a large number or small number of guests or family members - any number of people can solve the mystery, including those who aren't acting it out. We LOVE this feature in murder mystery dinner games!
- "Evil Never Dies": This is the perfect Halloween themed mystery with 6 characters that are a scream! What do we like about this fantastic game? The plot is terrific. Up to 60 guests can enjoy and play the mystery, but it only takes 6 friends to play the roles! Pair this game with our other Halloween Party Ideas for an unforgettable Halloween.
- "Death Bemoans Her": This murder mystery game is "acted" out by women though men can participate in solving the mystery. This unique plot allows you to add additional character roles to the ten original roles. What a clever feature!
- "Hulas and Homicide" is a really fun "whodunit" that adds a truly unique twist to your backyard luau. Pair this mystery with the party ideas found on the Hawaiian luau party ideas page and you'll have an instant hit!
- Mystery Board Games: We all remember the classic game "Clue", with Miss Scarlet in the Drawing Room with a pistol. Murder is still the intrigue, but the games have changed a bit. Games like "Spy Alley" and "Simply Suspects" are modern day murder mystery board games that you can play time and again. And if "Clue" is still your favorite, there are new versions of this classic that you'll love. We have the best sources for these hard to find board games!
Murder mystery scripts are very affordable. Best of all, they remove the mystery of how to host the perfect murder themed party.
For the cost of a nice bottle of wine (around 25 to 40 dollars depending on the mystery script), you'll have a entire of night of entertainment.
Just add some fun loving friends and you'll have a party guests are dying to do again!
Mystery dinner parties are made easy with the internet. You can download, print and play it in the same day for one of the most fun themed parties you've ever hosted.
Fun Holiday and Winter Time Mysteries
E-mail or Share this Page with a Friend:
Other Games Pages on our Site:
- New Years Eve Party Games
- New Years Games
- Mystery Dinner Menu
- Types of Mystery and Scandals Games You'll find Online
- Clever Mystery Party Ideas
- Purchase Games of Mystery
- Write Your Own Mystery Game Plot
- Christmas Mystery Party Games
- Top Picks For Mystery Party Games: Read the details that make these games our favorites. Find out which mystery game will be perfect for your party!
- Email or Share this page with a friend!
Return from Mystery Games to Party Game Ideas.
Go to Cheap Halloween Costumes.