New Years Eve Party Ideas
These New Years Eve party ideas are going to have guests talking about the party for the next 364 days! Out with the old and in with new! Party with panache!
- Mystery Games. The chill of the winter, the uncertainty of the dark hour. What better time for a murder to occur than at the stoke of midnight!? Dress the part, get a perfect menu together and solve the mystery of "who done it!"
- New York Theme Party: Manhattan has is all. Now you can too. Have your New Years Eve party ideas involve the enchantment of New York!
- Mid-Century / MadMen Party: Celebrate Mid-Century style. The posh 50s and 60s await!
- Creative Party Theme Ideas: Dozens of creative themes perfect for ringing in the New Year.
- Chinese New Years Eve Party Ideas: Good Fortune is on its way when you celebrate a Chinese New Year!
- Caribbean New Years Party Theme: Get out the maracas and celebrate the New Year as they do in Colombia, Venezuela, Panama, Cuba or Jamaica.
- Creative Party Theme Ideas: Visit our huge selection of themed party ideas.
- New Years Eve Games: Set up a wishing wall New Years game, play a gift exchange game with all those unwanted gifts, or set out our funny conversations starters for the easiest party icebreaker ever. You'll find loads more New Years party games on this page.
- Silly Party Games: Great for folks looking for goofy games. Some of these are good for young adults as well.
- Home Party Games: If you're celebrating at home be sure to check out all the home party games we've got to offer.
- Top 40 New Years Party Ideas: Chose the Top 40 hits of any era and dress the part. Learn more about this fun, wild, dance party idea!
A Chinese New Year is a fantastic theme for an unforgettable party. Think red when you're planning you Chinese New Year decorations.
String together origami or red lanterns for a festive decor. Serve food with an Asian focus. Include small touches like fortune cookies.
The "Red Envelope Game" is a great party game. The following is my own version of this game.
Here's what you'll need:
- Red envelopes.
- Wall adhesive like 3m (to hang the envelopes without damaging the wall).
- A large prize like a $20 bill.
- Pieces of paper with: "Tell us your New Year's Resolution" or a New's Year's Fortune.
- A few $1 bills.
Fill each envelope with one the following:
- One of the pieces of paper.
- A short "fortune" resembling the piece of paper in a fortune cookie.
- A $1 bill.
- The large prize, such as the $20 bill.
Hang the envelopes on the wall to form a square grid. Blindfold players. Spin them and point them toward the wall.
Each selects his envelope, and is rewarded with a fortune or money, or ...
... must tell everyone his New Year's resolution!
Be aware of this detail: what's the animal of the year you're celebrating? Figure out what it symbolizes and plan your decorations around the animal. You might also keep in mind the official date the Chinese New Year begins. That way if there's any party left over from the first, you can get it out on this day as well!
|Year||Date it Officially Begins||Animal|
New Years Eve party ideas can start with any cultural or ethnic twist. Just choose a country or a city and you'll be able to plan party favors, costumes, food and music easily. Visit our other pages with localle based party theme ideas:
New Years Eve Games and Party Shop
Return from New Years Eve Party Ideas to Christmas Party Games.