Office Party Ideas: Games and Activities for Team Building
Looking for office party ideas, office birthday ideas or activities for team building? Then we know you have a fun office environment! All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, right?!
Here are some unique office party ideas you may enjoy:
- Hold a Funny Office Awards Ceremony
- Play Co-Worker Trivia
- Have a Work-Themed Karaoke Party
- Office Birthday Party Ideas
A few days before your office party, ask each person one to two questions (mix up the questions among the group so everyone gets asked something different) then make a trivia game to play at your office party.
The trivia questions could be things like "Who’s first job was ...?". It’s a good way for everyone to get to know each other better while having a little fun. Some ideas for questions are:
What was your first job?
What’s the furthest place travelled?
What’s your favourite song?
On a day off work, you’re most likely to be found where or doing what?
When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
What’s your dream vacation?
What was your favourite TV show as a child?
Do you have an odd talent?
If you could take one office supply with you to a deserted island, what would you choose?
If you could choose one superhero power, what would you choose?
If you were an animal, what would you be?
If you could choose any zoo animal as a pet, what would you choose?
For those people who aren’t available to answer questions ahead of time, you could look up answers to questions like how many years have they been with the company.
Cheersallyear.com also has a free downloadable office party award certificate you can use.
Sample wording could be:
This Certificate of Excellence
Is Awarded To
Here are some awards you could create for your group:
- Best in Participation (as a joke, give this to someone with a good sense of humor who didn’t show up to the party)
- Best Teamwork Within Department (could give this to someone who is the only member of his/her department)
- Best Baker - By the way, we haven’t seen any lately, what’s up with that?!
- Most Creative Reasons for Leaving The Office Early
- Most Cheerful First Thing In The Morning
- The Most Job Titles While With (company name here)
- Most Resembling .... (List someone famous here)
- Most Likely to Score Highest in an Office Pop Quiz
- Best Dressed
- Most Lively at Parties
- Best in Tuning Others Out
- Being The Office Mother Hen
- Most Creative Use of Office Space
- Best Cubicle Neighbour
- Best Laugh
- Best Use of Fancy Words
- Being The Fastest Walker (what’s the rush?)
- Most Likely To Be Pranked
- Would Make The Best Office Mascot
- Best Smelling Lunches
- Best Office Party Organizer
- Best Sense Of Humor
- Most Creative Use of Words In the English Language
- Best In Fashion
- Most Mysterious
- Nicest Office Chair
- Being The Office Cheerleader
- Being The Office Clown (the funny kind, not the scary kind that would chase us down a dark alley)
- Being The Most Unforgettable
- Best Memory
- Most Creative Filing Method
- Best Desktop Screensaver
- Best Hair
- Biggest Transformation
- Best Copier Fix-it Skills
- Most Likely To Lose His Pen
- Using The Most Post-It Notes
- Best Spokesperson
- Most Likely To End Up In The News
- Best Handwriting
Printable Games for Office PartiesDid you know you can download and print a game to play today. Here’s a selection of games that fit well with office parties. Each game has an information button to find out more about the game details.
Try some karaoke with a twist, people can only sing songs related to work. Some examples of some work-related songs are:
- 9 to 5 – Dolly Parton
- A Hard Day’s Night – The Beatles
- Bang The Drum All Day – Todd Rundgren
- Get A Job – The Silhouettes
- Heigh Ho – The Seven Dwarfs
- It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere – Alan Jackson
- Shiftwork – Kenny Chesney
- Summertime Blues – Alan Jackson
- Working For a Livin’ – Huey Lewis & The News
- Workin’ In A Coal Mine – Lee Dorsey
Looking for some new and different office party ideas to celebrate office birthdays, retirements or promotions? Here are a few new ideas for celebrating these special occasions.
Share Little-Known Facts about the Guest of HonorRead some silly little-known facts about him/her during their celebration. A few days before the birthday celebration, ask him/her a few questions to put together your little-known facts to read out loud while everyone enjoys their cake. Some questions you could ask include:
- What was your first job?
- What’s the furthest place you'’ve travelled?
- What’s your favourite song?
- On a day off work, you’re most likely to be found where or doing what?
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What’s your dream vacation?
- What was your favourite TV show as a child?
- Do you have an odd talent?
- If you could take one office supply with you to a deserted island, what would you choose?
- If you could choose one superhero power, what would you choose?
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
- If you could choose any zoo animal as a pet, what would you choose?
Be creative, but not too personal.
Office Birthday: Share a Fun Limerick
Do you have a creative member in your team that could write a fun limerick about the special person of the day? This would be something humorous to read out loud during the meeting.
As an example:
Congrats Jack, it’s your big day
Too bad we can’t offer more pay
Today don’t work late
You need to celebrate
So party in your own special way!
Office Birthday Party: Create a Personalized Card
Try making your own card personalized with his/her name down the front & use each letter of his/her name to say something about them. For example:
A lways smiling
C razy for Coffee
When an office birthday or other celebration arrives, do you pass around a card for everyone to sign for the special guy/gal? Most people write the same message “Happy Birthday” or “Congratulations”. Why not try something different by asking each person to write something they like or appreciate about the special guy/gal? It’s a great way to fill a card with compliments and makes a great keepsake!
Funny Office Party Gifts!
Related office party games pages:
- Ice Breaker Games and Activities
- Adult Birthday Party Games
- Adult Party Games
- Adult Birthday Charades
- Group Party Games
- Christmas Office Party Games
Cheryl is a married mother of one sweet little boy. She’s a certified Project Management Professional with a passion for event planning.
She has created a blog called Moms & Munchkins where she provides activity ideas for mom & baby groups, family fun and moms night out events.