Stag Party Ideas and Themes
Stag Party Ideas get better from hilarious party themes to sleek and sophisticated. Here you’ll find crazy things to do at your stag party, the best drinks for bachelor parties, and inventive way to plan a party. Stag Party Ideas that are Little on the Crazy Side:
- Top 5 Stag Do Pranks, by guest writer Daniel Cook
- Bachelor Party Games
- Pimp Daddy Bachelor Party Theme
- Autograph the Condemned Prisoner
- Toga Party Costume Theme
- Priests and Rabbis
- Crazy Things to Do While Bar Hopping
- The Bachelor Party Oath
Tamer Stag Do Ideas:
- Cigar Party
- Adventure Bachelor Party Ideas for an Adrenaline Rush
- Traditional Bachelor Parties
- Party Bus Theme
- Casino Night
Women say that men never grow up, they have no idea.... when it comes to stag do’s, we can be more childish than they could ever imagine.
Ask any fella over 25 and you will see an involuntary smirk spread across their face shortly before they recount tales of the stitch ups they have been involved in. I, infact have said smirk on my face now, just thinking about the subject.
I am not necessarily talking about the crazy prank that is likely to be a youtube sensation. Although I would love to hear your favourites. Today I am more interested in the dark arts of the stag do stitch up. In my line of work I have been on more stag do’s than you would care to throw a stick at so I am going to share my top 5 stag moments.
1. The Speed Dial Switch
- No speaking to your fiancee whilst on the stag.
- What goes on tour stays on tour.
- Any communication with the fiancee equals a drinking fine (including receiving text messages).
- Nick the stags phone and quickly swap his fiancee's number for one of the lad's numbers without him noticing.
How it Pans Out
- Text him as and when you feel like it. He will think it is the missus and have to drink.
- He will think it is funny for a bit. But will at some stage get fed up and text her (received by you) to ask her to stop texting. At which stage you ramp up the messages and laugh a lot.
This doesn’t sound that funny but with the correct execution it can be hilarious.
2. Fancy Dress - The Frogman
- Present the stag with a wet suit (if you are feeling really cruel) or flippers and snorkel.
- Shoes must be confiscated.
- The stag must wear the outfit for the duration.
- Go on a pub crawl, and make sure he has to walk though busy areas on his own. This is much funnier without safety in numbers.
How it Pans Out
- Particularly funny in the daytime in respectable areas.
- A real head turner.
3. The Delayed Pick Up
- Arrange to meet the stag somewhere really dull to start the weekend. The stag must not be late.
- Make them sweat. Once they are in position (ideally an obscure bus stop or the middle of a big roundabout). Then, it's off to the pub for the lads leaving the stag to worry about what is to come for a couple of hours.
How It Pans Out
- You laugh a lot at the stag's expense, and he gradually gets more annoyed. Timing is everything — too short a wait and it is pointless. Too long and they will be raging for the whole weekend.
4. The Inappropriate Pack
- The stag has no need to know where he is going on his weekend. Just send him a kit list. Or, arrange to ’leak’ some information to throw him off the scent.
- Make the stag pack completely the wrong stuff. I once took one of my mates to Wales in October. All he knew was to bring his passport. This led him to pack suncream, shorts, T-shirts shades etc, etc.
- Tip - Make sure you pack some sensible stuff for him if required for activities.
How it Pans Out
- I still chuckle at the thought of my mate walking through Swansea on a cold autumn day in flip flops, shorts and shades. This works equally well in reverse; i.e. get them to pack for the cold and go somewhere hot.
5. The Door Signage Switch
- None, just wait for breakfast. All stories will be revealed.
- Pop into your local hardware shop before departing. Purchase two signs. One saying Bathroom, the other Exit. You will also need some Bluetac.
- Get hold of the stag's room key (easily done as probably sharing).
- Fix the exit sign to the toilet door and the toilet sign to the exit door.
How it Pans Out
- Ideally a naked, disoriented stag gets up needing the loo in the night/morning and walks out of the hotel room into the corridor.
- The door will lock behind him. Then just ignore his cries for help forcing a trip to reception.
- Once he leaves the room take down the fake signage. Then repeat the following night.
So, there you go; these are my top 5 stitch ups....
No stag do is complete without a little sport in winding up the stag. This doesn’t have to involve shaving or injury in my opinion. A bit of humiliation works far better.
Over to you fella’s, please share your finest pranks with us.
Daniel Cook is a professional writer and loves to travel a lot. Currently he is staying in Nottingham, UK. Mostly he likes to share his views on how to plan a stag party. To know more about stag and hen night parties please connect him via Google+.
If pretzels and beers aren’t your thing and the smooth sultry taste of a good cigar gets you going, have a cigar sampler party. If you’re already a cigar smoker you know that a cigar isn't just a smoke, it’s an experience.
For a cigar tasting party, select a variety of cigars, a sampler package is a great way to do this. Serve food before the cigars. A robust cigar will overpower any food. Hard cheeses, chocolate, fruit, red wine, and bourbon are all excellent starters to the evening.
Tips on lighting a cigar
- Taste the cigar before lighting it. Allow the flavor to tingle on your lips for at least 15 seconds. This will tell you the strength of the cigar (how much nicotine is in the cigar).
- Cut the tip of the cigar with a cigar clipper. Light with a wooden match (not a paper match) or a butane lighter.
- Puff and Rotate while lighting for an even burn.
- Do not inhale cigar smoke. Take your time and enjoy the experience.
The basic overall categories to focus upon when tasting cigars: Strength, Flavor, Scent and Aroma, Value and Overall Quality.
- Strength Strength can be from weak to very strong. This refers to the nicotine content and the way it bites your tongue and lips when tasted. Note this is different than flavor, and that a lot of strength could give you anything from a large buzz to a sensitive stomach. An example of a very popular cigar with a mild strength is the Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Corona. And a popular cigar with more strength is the Gran Habano Carojo.
- Flavor A cigar can have many flavors from vanilla, fruity, nutty, woodsy, coffee, bitter and more. As time passes the flavor of the cigar can change. Some cigars can have several distinct flavors. It may start as a delicate taste, and as it burns become a dramatic robust flavor. Like wine, cigars also have a finish: the taste that's left. Note whether the finish is smooth or harsh.
- Scent and Aroma The scent is the smell before the cigar is lit. It the prelude to what is to come. The Aroma is the smell during the smoke. Aroma is an integral part of the taste; a pleasant aroma enhances the experience.
- Quality and Value Quality is partly a matter of personal taste. Quality can range from "Run for your Life" to "Magical", and is determined by the above factors. Is this a cigar you have to have again? Well, then the quality is high.
Quality and Value are two different things. Value is not necessarily determined by cost. If an inexpensive cigar provides a very pleasurable smoke than it's a good value. If a cigar that equals you car payment was the best smoke you"ll ever have in your life, then maybe it"s a good value too.
Visit all the hot spots and take along our crazy things to do at your bachelor party list for fun at every venue. When things start to cool down at one spot just hop on the party bus and get the party moving in the best direction.
Time to sport that pimp daddy feathered hat, walking stick, hot purple jacket, and pointed collared silk shirt unbuttoned down to your navel. That’s right, you're the Pimp Daddy out for a night of hot fun.
Now, couple this with the list of crazy things to do at your bachelor party and you’ll have a good shot at achieving an unforgettable night, not withstanding the memory erasing drinks and jello shooters of course.
jailbird costume and pack the sharpie pens.
priests or Rabbi Adult Costume ... but don’t stop there!
Go out to your favorite bars and some new ones armed with the list of crazy things to do at your bachelor party. The pretty girls haven’t got a prayer!
Stag Party Ideas: Party Shop!Send him off with one last wild party! Suit him up in a funny bachelor party tshirt. Grab some gag gifts, a few bachelor party games or drinking games, and party like it’s his last taste of freedom...’cause it is!
Return from Stag Party Ideas and Themes to Bachelor Party Ideas.